Encourage the evolution of the GDC and the graphic design practice by:
- acknowledging that we are part of an interdependent world;
- accepting responsibility for the consequences our actions have on our natural environment;
- developing and building sustainable strategies and practices;
- participating with the international design community in developing global best practices
- working to create products and services that are re-usable and/or provide long term value; and
- by purchasing recycled, local and non-toxic materials wherever possible.
Demonstrate our commitment to improve the natural environment by:
- sharing these principles through our Icograda network;
- collaborating with other design organizations worldwide to promote and develop best practices for sustainable communications design;
- integrating environmental criteria into all design processes and organizational decision making;
- employing accountable and transparent processes and procedures;
- reviewing our environmental impacts regularly and continually working to reduce them;
- adopting practices that use materials in continuous cycles;
- seeking suppliers who use sustainable practices;
- acting as community and industry advocates for environmentally responsible design practices; and
- by developing and providing products and services that improve the quality of life of all beings and support the health and well-being of the planet.
Raise and foster awareness of sustainable communication design practice by:
- promoting the intrinsic and greater value of sustainable communication design;
- encouraging clients to integrate sustainable principles into their communication projects;
- providing education and information resources to our members and the community at large to inform environmentally responsible design decisions; and
- by championing sustainable communication solutions for our communities.