Who will you help this year?
It's that time of year to think about the gifts we have and the gifts we can give. As designers and students, we have all benefited from the work that GDC has done for the profession. Now you can give a gift that will help many designers as well as the future of the profession.
The GDC Foundation is growing a fund to support design research and preservation, special projects, scholarships for students and professional designers, and a benevolent fund to offer financial assistance to designers experiencing a career-challenging difficulty.
We've raised over $43,000 toward this goal and given out five special scholarships since 2012!
We ask you to join in building this legacy for design in Canada by making a donation to the GDC Foundation during the 2014 annual “Get Behind Design” campaign.
As a special thank you for donating, all donors are entered into a prize draw at the end of the year.
Here are some of the wonderful items donated by sponsors and friends:
- Two premium one-year subscriptions to Lynda.com ($375 value!)
- Designing Effective Logos by Maggie Macnab streaming video
- $100 gift certificate from MyFonts.com
- 2 sets of letterpress cards from Everlovin press "Greetings from Canada"
- 1 set of letterpress cards from RefineMark
- 2 copies of The Great Discontent Magazine: issue 2 coming in February, featuring interviews on beginnings, creativity, and risk.
- One Offscreen Magazine subscription: An independent magazine about people who use the internet and technology to be creative, solve problems, and build successful businesses.
- Brand New Conference webcast 8-video set from the 2014 conference, AND a free ticket to the 2015 Brand New Conference in New York. If the winner can't attend, it can be turned into a live webcast registration.
- A $50 gift certificate from Vancouver Special
- T-shirts from Fairgoods.com
- The 2015 Pentagram typography calendar from Studio Hinrichs
- Typodarium, type calendar
[Donated by Slanted Magazine. Preview their new issue. Slanted Editors embarked on a trip to the city of the Bosphorus, the metropolis balanced between Orient and Occident. They met with 15 design studios and produced comprehensive studio portraits which provide a vivid and up-to-the-minute picture of the scene. View a sneak preview of the video-interviews here: http://videos.slanted.de/istanbul/
You can view all the great prizes at http://tinyurl.com/pl5nduh
Your donation of any size will make a difference!
DONATE by mail > Send your cheque
(make it out to GDC and note that it is for the GDC Foundation)
to: GDC, Arts Court, 2 Daly Avenue
Ottawa, Ontario K1N 6E2
DONATE Online > Click here
DONATE by phone > with your credit card, call toll free 1-877-496-4453
Email Peggy Cady, GDC Foundation Committee Chair: firstname.lastname@example.org