This year, as part of this global celebration, ico-D in association with GDC invites you to share examples of great design in your city or community throughout all of the month of April. The theme of WDD2016 is Design in Action! (Download poster)
One of the great things about design is that it can make such a big impact on everyday life. From the bike paths that make zipping around the city safer and faster, to the telephone that connects you to your friends and families, to the way-finding that helps you not get lost and the high-tech gear that helps you do the sports you like, good Design, meaningful Design, is constantly in Action!—helping, directing, improving, creating. We want to see Design in Action! where you are—in your region, and in your life.
There are many ways to celebrate! All design disciplines and forms of expression are welcome. Share by sending us the documentation of what you see or what you do: videos, photos, drawings, maps—here are some kickstart ideas:
- go public on local design—organise local talks or presentations about examples of Design in Action!
- take us on a tour—organise a walk with members of the design community, touring your city and surroundings in search of local examples of Design in Action!
- design together—bring people from various disciplines to frame and solve local design problems. Send us the documentation!
- open your studio—share your Design in Action! showing the community examples of what great design means to you and how design can help the world and solve problems.
- document your process by expressing the Design in Action! statement by sharing examples of great design in your community!
- work with local governments to recognise World Design Day and take a stance on the community impact of the profession.
- participate on social media by sharing your discoveries of innovative designs that create surprising solutions to meet local needs or designs in any discipline that positively affect the environment around you.
How to participate
- Share your responses on the WDD Facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/icograda.wcdd
- On Instagram, use the hashtags: #WDD2016 #Designinaction and tag @theicod
For more details Visit WDD Project Page: