GDC Manitoba held their annual general meeting on February 28, 2018 at The Good Will Social Club in Winnipeg. Those in attendance listened to reports from board chairs, and elected the 2018-20 board of directors:
- Carson Samson, CGD – President
- Dean Van De Walle, CGD – Vice-president
- Daniel McCafferty – Treasurer
- Aquila Samson, CGD – Communications Chair and Interim Secretary
- Amanda Parker, CGD – Events Chair
- Jeremy Wat – Event Planning Chair
- Elbert Bakker – Special Projects
- Marie Tully – Partnerships Chair
- Doug Coates, CGD – Membership & Education Chair
Incoming President Carson Samson, CGD, presented a four-year strategic plan for GDC Manitoba, highlighting guiding principles and goals for the future success of GDC in the province. Past President Andrew Boardman shared his plan for developing a new periodical that will examine contemporary design issues, showcase studios across the country, and review Canadian design history. If you're interested in helping, you can reach Andrew at email@example.com.
Once the evenings formalities were complete, the crew from Out of the Studio podcast (OOTS) (Evan Kuz and Leif Norman), took the stage. Local educator, designer, and GDC Manitoba Past President Oliver Oike, CGD, was in the hot-seat. Oliver shared his journey from designer to educator. The episode will be available as part of the show’s second season. Check out Season One of OOTS.
GDC Manitoba salutes retiring board members: past president Andrew Boardman, and communications chair John Lyttle. Thank you for your tireless dedication to the GDC over the years.