GDC Foundation has launched its first scholarship to support Northern Indigenous design students. The Cheryl Lynn Rutledge Northern Indigenous Student Award is open to Indigenous students from NWT, Yukon or Nunavut pursuing an education in graphic/communication design at an accredited Canadian post-secondary college/university.
Eligible students may apply for the $1,000 scholarship, to help foster their growth and pursue a career in design. Scholarship money will be sent to the winner’s school to be applied directly to their tuition.
DEADLINE for applications is May 1, 2018
• Open to any Indigenous student from NWT, Yukon or Nunavut pursuing an education in graphic/communication design at an accredited Canadian post-secondary college/university.
• Student is enrolled in a full-time graphic/communication design program at a Canadian post-secondary college/university and is returning to continue full-time studies in a graphic/communication design program at a Canadian post-secondary college/university,
or, student has been admitted to a full-time first year graphic/communication design program at a Canadian post-secondary college/university.
• Applicant must be a GDC member in good standing.
• Applicant has not previously been awarded this scholarship.
– high school transcript, or current college/university transcript
– personal letter outlining reasons for applying and future career goals (200 words minimum).
– letter of recommendation from an educator
– 3 portfolio samples
Submissions must be emailed to email@example.com by May 1, 2018.
Selection of Recipient:
The GDC Education Committee will direct and monitor the award process on behalf of the GDC Foundation. Scholarship submissions will be accepted and judged once each calendar year. The candidate’s submission will be evaluated by the judging committee of CGD professionals.
The Committee reserves the right to not award a scholarship if there are no applicants or the criteria are not met. In this case, the award may be awarded the following year.
See www.gdc.net/scholarships for more scholarship information.
Questions? For more information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.