GDC Foundation is pleased to announce its first scholarship to support UX Designers. The GDC Foundation UX Design Scholarship is available for a for a promising visual or interactive design student in first to third year who exhibits passion and proficiency in the area of experience design.
This scholarship encourages students to take a user-centric approach to interactive design while exploring design process in its many forms. The $500 scholarship is donated by GDC member, Ryan P. Senger.
Ryan is Senior Product Design Manager at Blizzard Entertainment in Irvine, California. He attended the Emily Carr University of Art + Design earning a degree in Communication Design. He has been a UX Director, Interface Artist, and Game Designer working in the video game industry for the past 20 years.
He hopes this award encourages emerging designers to create for a better tomorrow through understanding, consideration, and empathy.
• For a promising visual or interactive design student in first to third year who exhibits passion and proficiency in the area of experience design.
• This student will produce a case study for an innovative experience or application that demonstrates a well-considered design process and a keen awareness of user needs.
• Applicant must be a GDC member in good standing.
• Applicant has not previously been awarded this scholarship.
– high school transcript, or current college/university transcript
– personal letter outlining reasons for applying and future career goals (200 words minimum).
– letter of recommendation from an educator
– One case study that includes: scenario, personas, mental model, user flow chart, wireframes, prototype, and student’s learnings and takeaways.
Submissions must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org by May 1, 2018.
The Committee reserves the right to not award a scholarship if there are no applicants or the criteria are not met. In this case, the award may be awarded the following year.
The scholarship amount will be applied directly to the student's tuition.
For information about GDC Foundation contact email@example.com.