Established in 1985 by the BC Chapter of The Society of Graphic Designers of Canada, the award was created in honour of Enrique Salazar. Mr. Salazar was one of the founding members of the BC Chapter and its national representative for two years. He was a partner in Salazar Graphics, and taught graphic design at Capilano College until his death in June of 1985.
A cash prize of $500 along with a GDC/BC Salazar Certificate will be awarded to one student from each category. Winners and Honourable Mentions will be recognized at the Salazar Awards Evening and will also be featured on the GDC website and in GDC publications which are distributed to design firms and advertising agencies nationally.
All GDC student members studying design in British Columbia are eligible to submit.
Submission will be accepted from May 17 thru May 21, 2021
A judging committee comprised of GDC professionals will be reviewing and selecting the winners and honourable mentions. Judging will be based on the overall quality of the final design and the quality and clarity of the associated design rationale.
- Download the appropriate submission template: Adobe InDesign or Adobe XD
- Compete your submission presentation using one of the supplied templates
- Be sure to include your design rationale in the space provided—max 250 words
- Export your file to PDF format. Be sure to reference the exporting instructions in the template and to name your file using your student ID number
- Submissions will be accepted from May 17 thru 21, a link will be provided here.
Submission Deadline: May 21, 2021 @ 5:00 PM