Western Canadian design stems from humble roots - our country's early practitioners were often anonymous, though their work impacted the everyday lives of citizens. They shaped Canada through design, creating the architecture, systems and products of a newly founded and developing country. As a result, Canadian design has been, in practice, largely unseen in Canadian life and in the international design market.
Spend an evening with five designers whose work challenges this anonymity and brings attention to the value and impact that West Coast design contributes to on a local and a global scale. Five short presentations will be followed by a roundtable discussion and audience Q&A.
Moderated by: Anicka Quin (Editorial Director, Western Living & Vancouver magazine)
- Bonne Zabolotney (Vice President Academic + Provost, ECUAD)
- Mo Dhaliwal (Director of Strategy, Skyrocket Digital)
- David Battersby (Partner, BattersbyHowat Architects Inc.)
- Michael Leckie (Principal, Leckie Studio)
- Kate Duncan (Designer, Kate Duncan Furniture Design)
& Leanne Prain (President, Graphic Designers of Canada, BC)
6:30 pm Doors
7:00- 8:30 pm Program