Tue, May 25, 2021
3:00 PM – 4:00 PM EDT
About this event
Design is a collaborative process. Both commissioner and creator need to come into alignment on what constitutes success. This requires empathy, communication, and assertiveness to guide the process.
In this session, we will discuss the following concepts and provide actionable steps for designers:
- The differing motivations between marketing and design
- The full scope of “marketing”, and how design fits into the ecosystem
- How designers can work with marketing teams effectively
- Potential designer "blind spots"
- What constitutes proper project delegation
- How to compensate for inexperienced directors
- Ways to make your design work "sticky" within the organization
Director, Client Services
Able & Howe
Darcy lives at the intersection of art, business, and science. His esteemed work with hundreds of brands spans a mix of marketing leadership, operations, and strategy. Armed with degrees in marketing, psychology, and business, Darcy has obtained a holistic understanding of the modern consumer. His specialties include full-funnel marketing strategies, content direction, and team building.