Please submit cover letter, resume and portfolio to the attention of:
Carmen Wong, Office and HR Administrator
Thank you in advance for your response, however only those chosen for interviews will be contacted. No phone calls please.
LOOKING FOR A TALENTED INDIVIDUAL TO JOIN OUR TEAM
Henriquez Partners Architects is a well-established, values driven and design focused firm with a diverse portfolio. Based in Vancouver, Canada, we are dedicated to making meaningful contributions to communities by creating sustainable, conceptually unique, memorable buildings of lasting quality. We embrace complex design challenges and have a strong track record of success. We excel at large, complex projects - like the 1 million square foot TELUS Garden mixed-use development, but have the agility to take on smaller projects that make important civic contributions such as the recently completed York Theatre. We value creativity, technical excellence and rigor and are proud of our high-caliber team.
We’re looking for a Graphic Designer who is committed to design excellence and willing to go the extra mile to deliver quality results. The successful candidate will have 3+ years of experience crafting visual communications and possess a Bachelor of Design. Your portfolio will include a range of designs that demonstrate strategic thinking and exacting design execution.
You will be responsible for the design and production of a variety of project and marketing collateral. Assignments may include: project reports, display boards, web / information design and internal design projects. Do you have a keen understanding of typography, an ability to thoughtfully articulate content and superlative skills in Adobe CC apps? If this sounds like you, we’d love to hear from you!
• Work under the supervision of the Graphic Design Manager to ensure designs support project goals
• Execute projects following Henriquez Partners’ graphic and brand standards
• Consistently create high-quality designs for print and digital platforms
• Design and production of project reports, open house display boards, web / information design, awards submissions, proposals, and internal Henriquez Partners’ design projects
• Work within project schedules to meet critical deadlines
• Photography for internal communications and social media posts
• Occasional assistance with project research and administrative duties (e.g., filing on the server, archiving of printed reports)
REQUIRED SKILLS / EXPERIENCE / QUALIFICATIONS
• Bachelor of Communication Design from a 4-year degree program
• Strong communication, problem solving skills and the ability to meet strict deadlines in a fast-paced environment
• Highly motivated and able to work independently
• Willingness to learn and grow
• Able to receive constructive feedback
• Adept at working in a collaborative environment
• Strong knowledge in all aspects of production including pre-press file production
• Proven experience with Adobe Creative Suite, including InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop
• Comfortable working in Wordpress
• Video production skills would be an asset