Apply online at www.osc.gov.on.ca/en/careers.htm, by Tuesday, February 12, 2019.
We thank all applicants for their interest in the Ontario Securities Commission. We will contact those selected for an interview.
The OSC is committed to providing an inclusive workplace environment that meets the accessibility needs of employees with disabilities. Please go to Accessibility at the OSC to review the OSC’s policies on accessibility and accommodation in the workplace.
Senior Advisor, Investor Engagement and Data Analytics
Grow your career and make a difference working at the OSC!
The Ontario Securities Commission (OSC) is Canada’s largest securities regulator with a mandate to provide protection to investors from unfair, improper or fraudulent practices, to foster fair and efficient capital markets and confidence in capital markets, and to contribute to the stability of the financial system and the reduction of systemic risk.
We offer a diverse, fair and flexible work environment and take pride in our challenging and rewarding work.
The Investor Office (www.InvestorOffice.ca) is a regulatory operations branch of the OSC created in 2015. The Investor Office sets the strategic direction and leads the OSC’s efforts in investor engagement, education, outreach and research. The Investor Office also has a policy function, plays a key role in the oversight of the Ombudsman for Banking Services and Investments (OBSI), and provides leadership in the area of behavioural insights at the OSC.
Investor Office staff strive for excellence in everything we do. We are not satisfied with simply checking the box.
Our Senior Advisor, Investor Engagement and Data Analytics plays a key role in helping people get smarter about money. The Senior Advisor is responsible for designing effective and engaging visual content for Investor Office financial educational initiatives, including the award-winning GetSmarterAboutMoney.ca, one of Canada’s most visited financial education websites. The Senior Advisor also helps measure and analyze the performance and effectiveness of Investor Office educational initiatives through the use of analytics, and is an active participant in broader financial education and outreach of the Investor Office.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Manager, Investor Engagement and Outreach, the Senior Advisor, Investor Engagement and Data Analytics will:
• Design effective and engaging visual content and tools for Investor Office digital and print initiatives to help people get smarter about money and make better financial decisions
• Use various data analytics tools to measure the performance and effectiveness of educational and outreach initiatives, including but not limited to the OSC’s consumer site GetSmarterAboutMoney.ca
• Conceive, design and implement new digital educational initiatives
• Develop, implement and monitor performance measures of the OSC’s investor education, engagement and outreach efforts
• Manage vendor and supplier relationships
• Actively participate in the OSC in the Community program and other outreach programs
• Leverage partnerships with stakeholders and utilize multiple visual approaches to reach and engage the maximum number of individual retail investors
• Create internal reports for management
Some examples of Investor Office educational properties include:
• GetSmarterReInvesting.ca (“Re: Investing”)
• Investor News
• @smarter_money on Twitter and @GetSmarterAboutMoney on Facebook
Ideal skills and experience:
• Minimum of at least 5 years of relevant experience
• Has led or developed multiple creative and design projects, and possesses a portfolio of innovative and engaging work
• Experience using Adobe Creative Suite and video software to create engaging content
• Knowledge and understanding of digital user experience metrics, UX design concepts to improve accessibility and usability of investor education resources
• Understands traditional and online marketing, search engine optimization and the use of analytics to enhance user experience
• Experience with Google Analytics, Mailchimp, Google Tag Manager and other tools, and possesses a demonstrated ability to learn new tools and methods quickly
• Knowledge of financial concepts and the securities industry
• Sophisticated understanding of current educational and outreach strategies and tactics, including segmenting of audiences, new technology tools for mobilization, and persuasive messaging
• Understands traditional and online marketing, search engine optimization and the use of analytics
• Ability to seek out and identify new and innovative design and communication methods
• Demonstrated experience and success in public affairs, strategic communications, marketing and/or effective stakeholder outreach strategies in complex multi-stakeholder environments
• Strong work ethic and ability to work as part of a high-performing team
• Understands the importance of delivering value for money
• Strong interpersonal skills
• High level of enthusiasm for the OSC’s mandate and the role of the Investor Office
• High degree of attention to detail
You might be the sort of person who:
• is an overachiever who likes being part of a dynamic and creative team
• is active on multiple social media platforms
• is always on the lookout for new ideas and creative approaches to design and communications
• has a love of excellent design and an understanding of why it’s important
• is comfortable with numbers and can formulate a narrative about what those numbers mean
• understands why one should never, ever use Comic Sans