We're looking for a thoughtful and well-rounded graphic designer to join our small design team. Since we’re a small team, we’re looking for a designer with a well-rounded toolkit - skills in motion, and illustration are huge assets. If you dream in typography and see the world through design, you’re who we’re looking for.
As part of the WealthBar team, you’ll join us on our mission to make investing effortless so every single Canadian can build their brightest future possible. Along with the rest of the design team, you’ll have the opportunity to help shape the brand and design culture within the company.
What will you do?
- Design effective and cohesive ad campaigns, such as ads and landing pages, based on advertising trends and research
- Work with the Design & Marketing team to help evolve and maintain WealthBar’s brand
- Design our public WealthBar marketing website and work with developers
- Create graphics for social media & content marketing (including our blog)
- Collaborate closely with the Marketing team, as well as external contractors and agencies
- Participate in design critiques with the Design team to raise our bar for quality
- Directly work with and present to stakeholders
What you bring to the team:
- You believe form is function - that making something beautiful is inherently valuable
- You believe typography is the foundation of great design
- You have an expanding toolkit including graphic design, illustration, and a bit of motion
- You have a versatile style - you design based on the brief, not your own aesthetic
- You always seek out the latest advertising trends, backed by studies - you bring this into your design work in a relentless pursuit of continuous improvement
- You are a problem solver - you think critically about the brief and the design problem to create the best design solution
- You are empathetic - you strive to understand your audience, their frustrations, their goals, and their needs
- You have formal education in a design discipline
- 1-3 years of experience in a similar role (bonus if it’s at an agency or studio)
Compensation & benefits:
WealthBar offers competitive compensation, an annual fitness stipend, benefits, contribution-matching, and work-life flexibility. In your application, include your resume and link or attach your portfolio.