Alberta Blue Cross offers a competitive salary and the opportunity to work in an innovative, high-energy team-focused environment. This position will remain open until a suitable candidate is selected. If you have the qualifications we are looking for, apply online at www.ab.bluecross.ca. Please provide your resume and cover letter along with a portfolio showcasing your work.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Analyze business requirements to effectively create innovative storyboards, wireframes, high-fidelity prototypes, navigation layouts and standards-compliant user interfaces that meet brand, business, usability and accessibility goals.
• Work collaboratively with internal stakeholders across the organization to produce best in class user-centred design solutions and present key deliverables to peers and executive level stakeholders.
• Document detailed style specifications connecting business and customer needs using your expertise, experience and eye for leading edge design to be provided to technical development teams
• Works with research and customer experience teams to conduct customer and competitor analysis to identify design problems and create blueprints for understanding and addressing customer needs and preferences using best practices and methodologies
• Utilizes anaylitics to build, monitor and report on KPI’s such as website traffic, load speed and behavior, providing insights for improvement
• Take a user-centered design approach to rapidly test and iterate digital experiences, making strategic design and UX decisions related to core and new functions/features
• Be part of a team striving to deliver new and improve existing functionality of digital products/applications
Skills and Knowledge:
• Post-secondary degree or diploma in web or digital/UX design with one to three years of experience with a strong portfolio.
• Proficiency in Adobe Creative Cloud, Cute FTP and Sublime.
• Knowledge of responsive and adaptive principles with SEO and accessbility expertise with a passion for creating impactful digital experiences
• Self-motivated learner with a commitment to explore emerging trends, tools and technologies related to all digital communications.
• Ability to thrive in a work environment that requires strong problem solving skills and independent self-direction, coupled with an aptitude for team collaboration and open communication
• Excellent writing, oral communication, and presentation skills with experience communicating effectively with management
• Strong time and project management skills, with the ability to multi-task and maintain attention to detail
• Ability to work with internal stakeholders to understand detailed requirements and design complete user experiences that meet client needs and vision.