Please apply on University of Calgary Careers: https://careers.ucalgary.ca/jobs/4172076-brand-designer-creative-design-...
The deadline to apply is June 13, 2019. Submission of an online or PDF portfolio is required for the application.
The University of Calgary respects, appreciates, and encourages diversity. We thank all applicants for their interest, but will only contact short-listed candidates.
The brand designer helps to achieve the university's goals by creating compelling marketing, branding and advertising deliverables in print and digital. The work requires the management of competing interests and deadlines and the ability to manage multiple priorities. The position requires creativity and technical expertise, both at an intermediate level.
The ideal candidate for this position is a team player, dedicated to their craft, and is willing to work within set processes and systems. This is a fantastic opportunity to support an award-winning and dynamic creative team.
Key qualifications include:
• Minimum five years’ experience as a graphic designer in both print and digital environments
• An undergraduate degree or diploma in a related field of study such as visual communications or graphic design
• Outstanding creativity and an amazing portfolio, with recent examples in a variety of projects, both print and digital
• Demonstrated ability to produce innovative design solutions that meet client needs, budgets and deadlines
• Fluency in current graphic design and digital practices and the ability to design – from concept to final artwork – for a variety of audiences
• Expert-level knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud
• Expert knowledge of typography, layout and colour principles
• Experience designing branded templates for common office software (e.g. MS Word, PowerPoint, etc.)
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills
This position is part of the AUPE bargaining unit, and falls under the Technical Job Family, Phase II.
To find out more about our competitive salaries and benefits, and why we are a great place to work and learn, please see: http://careers.ucalgary.ca
About the University of Calgary
The University of Calgary is a global intellectual hub located in Canada’s most enterprising city. In our spirited, high-quality learning environment, students thrive in programs made rich by research, hands-on experiences and entrepreneurial thinking. Our strategy drives us to be recognized as one of Canada’s top five research universities, engaging the communities we both serve and lead. This strategy is called Eyes High, inspired by the university's Gaelic motto, which translates as 'I will lift up my eyes.' For more information, visit http://www.ucalgary.ca/eyeshigh.