In addition to your layout-design and visual story-telling talents, we want your opinions, insight, and expertise related to design best practices, marketing strategy, and project management. If you have a passion for being part of a wider team of professionals in the build industry, this position could be for you.
Responsibilities will include:
• Work directly with our marketing communications coordinators, internal clients, and creative services lead to develop creative briefs and lead projects.
Digital & web design
• Create web pages, email newsletters, digital brochures, client presentations, and social media graphics using a mixture of tools including the Adobe Creative Suite, Wordpress, Mailchimp, and Microsoft Office.
Print design & production
• Layout design and print production for proposals, award submissions, advertisements, brochures, booth displays, banners, and signage using the Adobe Creative Suite.
• Infographic design – maps, flowcharts, organization charts – using a mixture of tools in the Adobe Creative Suite and Microsoft Office.
• Promotional item design – applying McElhanney branding to a range of promotional items such as T-shirts, water bottles, and notebooks
Video planning & production
• Participate in storyboarding sessions and lead video shoots.
• Take raw footage and turn it into polished and engaging video content using the Adobe Creative Suite.
Experience & Education Requirements:
• Degree or diploma in graphic design and / or related field with at least 5 years of experience working in a corporate or agency environment.
• Advanced skills using the Adobe Creative Suite including Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop, and Premiere. Experience with After Effects, Audition, and Spark would be an asset but are not required.
• Experience creating pages and posts in Wordpress.
• Experience using Mailchimp for e-newsletters and email campaigns.
• Advanced skills using the Microsoft Office Suite, specifically Word, PowerPoint, and Sharepoint.
• Ability to manage multiple projects and changing priorities.
• Ability to adapt to an evolving media landscape, by learning new tools and new software as-required and staying up-to-date on design-industry trends.
• Writing, editing, and proofreading skills are not a requirement for this position, but we would consider this experience a great asset.