Please apply to the role on our careers site: https://info.lululemon.com/careers/ssc-jobs/store-graphic-designer-032510.
No cover letter needed.
Only applications with portfolios will be reviewed. Only candidates legally able to work in Canada will be considered.
WHO WE ARE
lululemon is a yoga-inspired technical apparel company up to big things. The practice and philosophy of yoga informs our overall purpose to elevate the world through the power of practice. We are proud to be a growing global company with locations all around the world, from Vancouver to Shanghai, and places in between. We owe our success to our innovative
product, our emphasis on our stores, our commitment to our people, and the incredible connections we get to make in every community we are in.
ABOUT THIS TEAM
Store Planning + Design is responsible for the architectural layout planning and store design of all North American stores for lululemon, delivering on the company’s strategic growth plans through highly efficient operating standards and the focus of sweat, grow, connect as manifested through the execution of the brand’s pinnacle expression: the physical retail store. Through clarity, accuracy and efficiency we support the business ambitions and enhance guest experience while delivering consistent design queues to reinforce a strong experiential brand identity.
• Evolve the visual tone, appearance, functionality, and overall aesthetic of brand assets in lululemon stores, and provide a consistent brand representation in every project
• Responsible for supporting the Store Planning & Design team in creating environmental brand assets that come to life in store
• Upholds and preserves lululemon’s brand image and global design consistency
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
• Assists the Art Director in establishing visual tone, character, and messages that will effectively communicate brand identity within the built environment, elevating the guest experience in store and fulfill the project objectives, implementing brand standards into built environment solutions
• Ensures compatibility of architecture, design and graphic functionality for optimum communication value, and produces or coordinates the graphic and branded output of every store: signage, wayfinding, messaging, branding and generally elevating the built environment
• Works daily with the Art Director, Process Lead and Construction counterparts to ensure all deliverables and deadlines are met within priorities, timelines and budgets
• Seeks approvals from Art director on all work before delivery to cross-functional partners
• Advises and partners with Store Planning + Design team to implement the latest brand initiatives and protocols for every store
• Supports Art Director in develop experiential or mainline design guidelines and playbook to support workstream and high volume build programmes
• Manage process & design protocol documents including regular updates and cross functional communication
• Manage database of local artists, guiding and collaborating with them to produce unique localised design solutions that speak to local community
• Assists in developing presentation materials for senior level alignment
• Support creative efforts on special projects, concepts and initiatives, collaborating cross-functionally as needed
• Collaborates with creative teams to share learning and experience and to establish initiatives that will improve lululemon creative vision
• Degree in Graphic Design, or equivalent
• Spatial or environmental design, architectural, interior design, 3d rendering training a major asset
• 2-5 years minimum experience at a design agency and/or in-house design team
• Spatial or environmental design, architectural, interior design, 3D rendering knowledge and experience a major asset
• Fluent in Adobe suite including Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign. Understanding of After Effects, Keynote, PPT, HTML5, 3D Modeling software and Microsoft Office Suite
• Understanding of and experience in corporate branding, colour theory and typography
• A conceptual thinker that can translate ideas into innovative and crafted design
• Aspirational aesthetic, taking into account industry trends and creative leaders n
• Clear communicator with exceptional written, verbal, and interpersonal skills
• Ability to solve problems creatively and effectively. Strategic thinker, comfortable ideating high-level concepts as well as coming up with detailed design executions
• Acknowledges the presence of choice in every moment and takes personal responsibility for their life.
• Possesses an entrepreneurial spirit and continuously innovates to achieve great results.
• Communicates with honesty and kindness and creates the space for others to do the same.
• Leads with courage, knowing the possibility of greatness is bigger than the fear of failure.
• Fosters connection by putting people first and building trusting relationships.
• Integrates fun and joy as a way of being and working, aka doesn’t take themselves too seriously
Only those applicants under consideration will be contacted. Please accept our utmost appreciation for your interest. lululemon is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Employment decisions are based on merit and business needs, and not on race, color, creed, age, sex, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, religion, marital status, medical condition, physical or mental disability, military service, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions or any other classification protected by federal, state or provincial and local laws and ordinances. Reasonable accommodation is available for qualified individuals with disabilities, upon request. This Equal Employment Opportunity policy applies to all practices relating to recruitment and hiring, compensation, benefits, discipline, transfer, termination and all other terms and conditions of employment. While management is primarily responsible for seeing that lululemon equal employment opportunity policies are implemented, you share in the
responsibility for assuring that, by your personal actions, the policies are effective.