We are hiring a full-time Marketing Communications Specialist (Motion Graphic Designer) to join our Design team in TELUS Studios, TELUS’ own in-house creative production team.
The Design team, composed of designers and photographers, partners with various TELUS teams to imagine, create and deliver creative content for both internal and external audiences. In this role, you’ll participate in ideation sessions and lead the creative process from concept to visualization and final execution across multiple platforms and media. To be successful, you’ll have a strong grasp of static and motion design principles and a strong understanding of social media formats and audiences.
Reporting to the Manager, TELUS Studios – Design, you will be part of a team of professionals who are restless in their search for new ways to engage audiences. Our culture fosters collaborative learning in a fast-paced environment. We push boundaries while protecting the TELUS brand and supporting our clients.
• Lead the creation of social graphical assets from ideation to delivery
• Partner with marketing and communications teams on content planning and execution
When required work closely with the video team in the development of motion deliverables
• Push the boundaries for what is possible using different formats
• Able to prepare presentations and pitch concepts to clients
• Manage creative assets and ensure they are archived and up to date
• Keep on top of design trends
• Work independently as well as collaboratively while taking direction from others
REQUIRED SKILLS & ABILITIES:
• Fluency in Adobe Creative Suite: Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, and After Effects as well as Sketch and an eagerness to learn new tools
• Relevant experience creating advertisements and producing creative for campaigns, promotions, sales tools and point of purchase material
• Demonstrated ability to think quickly and creatively – must thrive on pace
• Understanding of design principles and the application of brand guidelines
• Knowledge of web design and multimedia software an asset
• Ability to design for social media (using photo, GIF, cinemagraph, motion graphic, typography, illustration)
• Strong attention to detail as well as written and verbal communication skills
• 3-5 years industry experience
• Agency experience is considered an asset
• A diploma or degree in graphic design or equivalent
• An online portfolio that demonstrates strong aesthetics and design principles (provided during application)
• Vancouver (preferred) or Toronto
WHO IS TELUS?
We're a high-performing team of individuals who collectively make TELUS one of the leading telecommunications companies in Canada. Our competitive consumer offerings include wireline, wireless, internet and Optik TV™. We also deliver a compelling range of products and services for small, medium and large businesses; and have carved out a leadership position in the health, energy, finance and public sector markets with innovative industry specific solutions.
Everyone belongs at TELUS. It doesn’t matter who you are, what you do or how you do it, at TELUS, your unique contribution and talents will be valued and respected. Because the more diverse perspectives we have the more likely we are to crack the code on what our customers want and our communities need.
Do you share our passion?
At TELUS, you create future friendly® possibilities.
At TELUS, we are committed to diversity and equitable access to employment opportunities based on ability.