Requisition ID 2099 - Posted 02/06/2020 - Customer Communications (20000003) - Design & Wayfinding (30000005) - Job Opportunity
Requisition ID: 2099
Number of Vacancies: 1.00
Department: Customer Communications (20000003) - Design & Wayfinding (30000005)
Salary Information: $59,667.80 - $74,529.00
Pay Scale Group: 6SA
Employment Type: Regular
Weekly Hours: 35, Off Days: Sunday / Saturday
Posted On: February 5, 2020
Last Day to Apply: February 15, 2020
Reports to: Assistant Manager, Design & Wayfinding
The Toronto Transit Commission (TTC) is North America's third largest transit system and has been recognized as one of the top places to work in the GTA. Guided by a forward-thinking strategic plan, the TTC's vision is to be a transit system that makes Toronto proud. The TTC's recruitment efforts are directly aligned to its mission of providing "a reliable, efficient, and integrated bus, streetcar and subway system that draws its high standards of customer care from our rich traditions of safety, service and courtesy."
Under the direction of the Assistant Manager of Design and Wayfinding, the Graphic Designer is responsible for developing design concepts and further refinements for print and social campaigns, creating infographics and technical illustrations, as well as developing motion graphics.
Key Job Functions
• Display proficiency in layout design for various print communications including, but not limited to, reports, manuals, brochures, posters and advertising.
• Develop digital artwork and motion graphics for the TTC’s website, social media channels and digital signage.
• Create motion graphics for display screens and the TTC’s social media channels.
• Distil complex information into graphs, charts, infographics and pictograms.
• Support presentations by creating templates, animation, charts, etc. with Microsoft Office.
• Implement brand standards and ensure accuracy and consistency with respect to brand compliance.
• Demonstrate excellent time management skills with the ability to prioritize to meet multiple deadlines while maintaining close attention to detail.
• Prepare production files for print and digital media.
• Build strong relationships with team members and other departments to foster a collaborative working environment.
• Create accessible documents to be published online.
• Demonstrate behaviours that support diversity, inclusion, and a respectful work and service environment that is free from discrimination and harassment. Help to remove barriers and accommodate employees and customers (within their area of responsibility) in accordance with TTC’s commitments and obligations under the Ontario Human Rights Code (OHRC) and Related Orders, the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA), and TTC’s policies.
• Participate in the TTC customer service Ambassador Program.
• Expert knowledge of Adobe Suite (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, After Effects, Acrobat)
• Intermediate knowledge of MS Office (Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook)
• Hands-on experience in the application of brand standards
• Trained eye for detail, colour, typography and layout
• Experience in a PC Windows environment
• Experience with the creation of accessible documents that meet WCAG 2.0 accessibility standards
Education and Experience
• Completion of a post-secondary college diploma or university degree in Graphic Design.
• 5-7 years of professional design experience in a studio setting.
• In addition to a cover letter and resume, include an attached portfolio of strong creative work that demonstrates the skills and requirements outlined in the key job functions.
• Strong work ethic, proactive approach, and ability to work with minimal supervision under tight deadlines.
• Demonstrated awareness of current trends in Graphic Design.
We thank all applicants for their interest but advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
The TTC is committed to fostering a positive workplace culture with a workforce that is representative of the communities it serves. Committed to the principles of diversity and inclusion, the TTC encourages applications from all qualified applicants. Accommodation is available for applicants, including those with disabilities, throughout the recruitment process. Please contact Human Resources - Employment Services at 416-393-4570.
The TTC’s Employment Policy prohibits relatives of current TTC employees from being hired, assigned, transferred or promoted into positions, where there is a conflict of interest due to relationship. Should you be selected for an interview, you will be required to disclose the name, relationship, and position of any relative who is a current TTC employee.