About the role:
We're looking for a thoughtful and well-rounded Product Designer to join our Design Team. You’ll be engaged in the whole product design process, designing an impactful user experience and visually compelling interface with a deep understanding of the user’s needs and goals. You don't need to be an expert in all things design, but you do need curiosity and the desire to grow.
About the team:
You’ll be part of the Product Team and work on WealthBar’s entire product suite, including native and web applications, as well as B2C and B2B platforms. You’ll work and collaborate directly with software developers, stakeholders, and end users. You’ll also participate in critiques and brainstorming sessions as a part of the Design Team.
Who we are:
As part of the WealthBar team, you’ll join us on our mission to raise the bar, so that every single Canadian can build their brightest future possible. Along with the rest of the Product Team, you’ll have the opportunity to help shape WealthBar’s product and how Canadians think and act with their money.
What you’ll do:
• Work collaboratively with stakeholders and conduct user research to understand business requirements and user needs, turning them into user-centric product experiences
• Carry projects throughout the entire design process by building user flows, interfaces, and prototypes using visual and interaction design skills
• Create prototypes and proof-of-concepts to quickly validate assumptions and iterate ideas
• Communicate your design vision clearly by actively listening, speaking succinctly, and leading discussions around your design decisions
• Work with our existing design system and product personas, while helping improve and maintain them
• Engage and lead brainstorming and collaboration sessions with team members and stakeholders
What you bring to the team:
• A belief that design is form and function; you create designs that achieve their purpose, while making them beautiful
• Experience and knowledge around user interface design and research methods
• Strong visual design skills and the ability to solve UX problems
• Drive to understand our clients, their frustrations, their goals, and their needs
• Eagerness to make an impact; you always strive to strengthen your skills or expand your knowledge
• Teamwork; you know that the whole is greater than the individual, and that collaboration and feedback between peers and stakeholders is critical for producing great design
• At least 1 year of experience in a similar role
• Formal education in a design discipline
WealthBar offers competitive compensation, an annual fitness stipend, benefits, contribution-matching, and work-life flexibility. In your application, include your resume and link or attach your portfolio.