Are you driven by positive social impact?
We are looking for an experienced Intermediate Environmental Graphic Designer to join our growing team. If you’re looking to make a positive impact on society, we want to hear from you. This role requires an established designer with experience working on all facets of environmental graphic design, signage, and wayfinding for built environment projects. The nature of this work requires close collaboration with both the wider Communication Design team and architectural teams.
In this role you will be required to create strategy documentation that aligns with and supports the project objectives; develop concepts with a sound understanding of costing, materials and fabrication techniques; and deliver production documents for tender and implementation. A creative flair is required alongside a high level of technical proficiency.
We are an interdisciplinary firm; our architects, designers, and other specialists work together on projects without the traditional silos. This adds a great deal to the quality of the work that we produce but requires an openminded approach, and the confidence to bring a fresh perspective to the team.
If you’re our new Designer, you’ll possess:
• A Bachelor’s degree or higher in Communication Design, Graphic Design, Interior Design, Industrial Design, Architecture or similar.
• 5+ years of environmental graphic design experience taking projects from schematic design through to construction intent documentation relating to environmental graphics, signage and wayfinding, and user-experience based environments
• Knowledge and continually up-to-date awareness of best practices in signage design;
• Ideally a professional membership of GDC, SEGD, or other design related advocacy organization
• A keen interest and eagerness to learn and adapt to a varied range of signage and wayfinding projects
• Expert knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite
• A highly attuned attention to detail with excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
• Excellent analytical, problem-solving, communication, and presentation skills
• A high level of strategic thinking to create designs based upon rational and conceptual ideas
• Revit and/or 3D software knowledge is a plus
Your friends and colleagues describe you as:
• A positive team player who always asks, ‘how can I make this better…what’s possible?’
• A fantastic communicator, with demonstrated initiative and multitasking capabilities
• Creative, curious, and collaborative
• Self-motivated, organized, and pro-active
Our team lives and breathes creativity, engagement, and excellence. Our approach combines design expertise with distinct and informed point of view, and strong communication skills. We believe that this results in brands that build trust, inspire confidence, and forge lasting relationships with our communities. If your pulse picked up a little as you read this, if you feel you can contribute to our quest – if you can see yourself here – SHOW US.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume, portfolio and a statement on why you are right for our team. Get creative and convince us you’re the kind of person who wants to question the status quo, and that we’d be foolish not to hire you.