We are on a mission to build one of the best paid advertising agencies in Canada. No overworked and understaffed teams working on a brand. We have all been in that agency life and it's not for us. If you have the right mix of hands-on experience, curiosity for finding data + solutions and willing to learn something new each month. We might be the right career for you.
Take Some Risk Inc. is looking for a Graphic Designer who wants to own and be responsible for helping brand use design and marketing creative to stand out and gain a competive edge when advertising online.
You can be based anywhere in Canada. You don't need to be in Vancouver or Toronto. We have been working as a remote team the last 3 years and have processes in place to support a remote setup. However, there is always room for improvement and we want someone who can help make our processes and frameworks even better. This frees up your time to work on bigger projects and be more strategic with clients. This is a hands-on role and you won't be managing people all day.
What Will You Be Doing?
- Take ownership and be responsible for the creative output of the agency
- Developing ideas for advertising or promotional campaigns
- Communicate with clients about what we want. This could mean we are coming up with the angle or direction for the ads, which is fun but not always easy
- Making sure we have the right cadence for new creative from clients
- Pitch creative work (new ad units/formats..ect) and grow what we already doing for client
- Help build more processes on the media side of our business. We have some already but I'm sure this can be better
- Sometimes write ad copy and other times build on what the client provided
- Understand what creative is working and communicate that with client. This is in partnership with our paid ads team
- Identify new and emerging technology, best practices, and capabilities to help our clients stay ahead of the competition
- Speak at one conference / year on the work you are doing
- Write one blog post a month covering your area of expertise. Making our clients and the community smarter is a pillar at the company
- 5+ years of digital experience, particularly with, but not limited to web, social and emerging technologies
- Good understanding of Photoshop, Illustrator, Sketch or Figma
- Bonus points if you know how to use Unbounce
- A solid understanding of design, copy and web practices
- Must be a creative and strategic thinker
- Have worked collaboratively with developers, designers and marketers
- Enjoy finding creative solutions and trying new things. When resources are limited, you not only survive but thrive creatively
- Curious about the world around you. People watching is something you love to do. Empathizing with your team, and clients will be key in this role
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
Take Some Risk Inc. is an agency with clients in the USA, Canada, Europe and APAC. We value honesty, curiosity, courage, and passion in how we work with our clients and together as a team. We believe knowledge can empower people to become that much better at their jobs and in their personal lives. Some cool benefits we offer beyond a competitive salary:
- 4 weeks vacation (excluding stat holidays)
- 5 sick days
- Professional development time each week
- Access to the best tools, equipment & technology to do your jobs
- Yearly team trip to hangout together for a week. We have done London, UK & Montreal so far
- Profit sharing scheme
- One moving and bereavement day each year
We are team doing work that should go to larger agencies but does not because clients love the hands-on attention we give them. We want a team member who is willing to help us execute our vision to build the best paid media team in Canada. Is that you?