Please send cover letter and resume to Recruitment.NavitasNA@navitas.com. Reference job code 0421WINGDS in the subject line of your email.
Successful applicants will be subject to relevant pre-employment checks, which may include a Criminal Background and professional reference check.
Since 1994, Navitas has been a respected leader in global higher education. As pioneers in the university pathway sector, we have trusted partnerships with more than 30 forward-thinking universities in Australia, New Zealand, United States, Canada, United Kingdom, The Netherlands, United Arab Emirates, Singapore and Sri Lanka. We provide our partners with access to resources and expertise to help drive large-scale initiatives that provide tangible, lasting benefits to students, faculty, staff and local communities.
Navitas is seeking to employ a Graphic Designer to join our North American team in Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada.
If you're an experienced Graphic Designer seeking out a new challenge, this could be the perfect role for you. Working across 7 university brands, Navitas North America is looking to recruit a skilled Graphic Designer based in Winnipeg, MB to work within the divisional marketing function, covering our partnerships in Canada and the U.S.
You will translate marketing strategies and goals into compelling visual communications. This includes, but is not limited to, digital content, email and social media campaigns, websites, landing pages, and print collateral such as student guides, brochures, and flyers.
You understand that we are running a fast-paced agency-style department, and you are willing to go the extra mile to ensure deadlines are met. You’re the type of designer who is following (or ahead) of trends and always thinking how to optimize and improve everything design related.
• Design and produce (within Navitas or university brand guidelines) marketing materials for various international recruitment markets, our 7 university partnerships and diverse range of products.
• Design and produce materials for a range of different stakeholders, including regional sales teams, students, parents and education advisors.
• Follow studio processes in line with global design team and utilize project management tool (Asana).
• Become an extension of each brand and ensure guidelines are adhered to in the production
o and maintenance of all publications, collateral and internal/external documents and
• Edit and/or quality check material before sending to stakeholder/print and ensure the quality of presentation.
• Source and select suitable imagery using both in-house and online libraries.
• Challenge the status quo with new approaches and perspectives.
Essential Skills, Knowledge and Experience
• Degree or diploma in graphic design or visual communications
• Minimum 3-5 years of industry experience
• Experience working in agency environment
• Ability to work in a Mac environment
• In depth working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite software
• Able to showcase experience through a portfolio of work
• Creative and conceptual flair with a positive enthusiasm for graphic design and UX design and process
• In depth understanding of setting long copy documents and use of Style Sheets within Adobe InDesign
• Thorough attention to detail across multiple jobs
• Firm understanding of printing and electronic publishing processes
• Design for on and offline platforms – for example, designing a landing page for the digital experts to build
• Ability to work on CMS platforms such as Adobe Experience Manager and/or WordPress
• Understanding of Microsoft Word and PowerPoint
• Excellent writing and editing skills with sharp attention to detail
• Ability to work as a team or independently depending on project requirements
• Ability to plan and prioritize own work effectively to meet publication deadlines and achieve set end results
• Possess a “can do” mentality
• Shine when under pressure
• Highly creative and not afraid to challenge the norm
• A confident and tactful communicator
• Ability to adapt to change
• Legal authorization to work in Canada
• GDC (Graphic Designers of Canada) designation preferred
• Familiarity with project management software such as Asana or Basecamp
• Experience studying abroad