The Marketing and Communications department is responsible for developing and executing communication strategies for a wide range of internal and external audiences that support Baycrest’s strategic objectives. The team manages Baycrest’s reputation, and works with senior executives to manage issues and enhance the public perception of Baycrest as a leader in geriatric care, research, innovation and education. This includes working in support of the fundraising efforts of the Baycrest Foundation. It also oversees all aspects of the organization’s brand, both internally and externally. The department is also responsible for the development of timely and transparent messaging and strategies to address the current COVID-19 pandemic.
Responsibilities (include but are not limited to):
• Identifies, develops, fulfills marketing material opportunities and projects that support the objectives of all Baycrest Centre and Baycrest Foundation departments and/or programs/services and ensures materials adhere to the Baycrest graphics standards.
• Produces a diverse range of deliverables – reports, newsletters, invitations, programs, proposals, email and social graphics, direct mail, signage, logos, branding, for traditional and digital media
• Translates complex information into easy to digest graphic communications (images, infographics, charts, diagrams, animations, etc.)
• Manages design-forward projects from concept to execution
• Meets, discusses and identifies the needs required for each design item then works independently and/or with colleagues to bring to fruition
• Prepares, coordinates and ensures schedules, timelines and printing requirements are maintained for each project and budget is maintained for work - both internally as well as with external printers and agencies
• Proactively identifies opportunities (through research or ensuring notification inclusion) and responds to opportunities as needed to coordinate timetables for ads and inserts into numerous publications and ensures all deadlines are met.
• Books each advertisement or insert that is to appear and then sees it through from start to finish (coordination at all stages and creation/ completion/approval of design).
Qualifications (include but are not limited to):
• Bachelor of Arts in graphic design or equivalent required
• A strong portfolio demonstrating conceptual thinking, breadth of projects and execution of design. Only candidates with a portfolio will be considered.
• 6+ years in a mid-senior level graphic design role
• Agency experience required
• Analytical ability, and capacity to manage multiple high-priority tasks.
• Project Management certification/education is an asset
• Photography, video creation/editing, illustration, printing process knowledge considered assets
• Experience in the Ontario healthcare marketplace or working for a charitable organization an asset
• Expert-level knowledge and use of Adobe Creative Suite, Microsoft Office (i.e. Photoshop, Acrobat, InDesign, Creative Cloud, PowerPoint, Word, Excel) and social media platforms on PC. Note we are a PC environment.
• Experience working with marketing and communications plans and executing on design deliverables
• Experience producing designs that are engaging, leading edge, raise awareness and compel action
• Experience designing to visually tell compelling and impactful human stories
• Knowledge of experience with the most current trends, technologies and platforms (tools, trends, channels, medium)
• An energetic and strategic doer who can leverage information and produce exceptional design as part of a driven, fast paced team
• Proactive, highly collaborative and supportive team player
• Highly organized, with ability to develop and manage projects and apply top-level, leading edge design principles and practices quickly