>>>Please submit applications via our careers page (www.acad.ca/careers). The application must include:
• A current cover letter
• An updated CV that lists teaching experience (including classes taught) and evidence of an active professional/research practice (e.g. creative activities and/or publications, etc)
• A digital portfolio of recent professional work containing twenty (20) images accompanied by a corresponding numbered list including titles, medium and size
• A digital portfolio of student work containing twenty (10) images
• A statement outlining your teaching philosophy
• A statement outlining your current research
Letters of recommendation are not required with application but will be requested at a later stage, if application is successful.
Academic transcripts are not required with application, however certified transcripts are required before an offer of employment is made in accordance with the ACAD Faculty Association Collective Agreement.
Applications must be submitted in one single PDF document.
Once you have created an account, choose the “Upload Resume” option. You will only be able to upload one file, so make sure all required material is combined into a single PDF document. Incomplete submissions may not be considered. Once you have submitted your application, you will not be able to make changes or add additional documents. Please visit ACAD’s How to Apply page to ensure your application is complete prior to submission.
Review of applications will begin on January 2nd, 2018 and will continue until the position is filled or the search is closed.
Further information about the College is available on our website at www.acad.ca.
ACAD is an equal opportunity employer and is strongly committed to fostering diversity within our community. We welcome those who would contribute to the further diversification of the College. We encourage expressions of interest from all qualified applicants for consideration for this or other suitable vacancies although applications from Canadian citizens and permanent residents will be given priority.
The collection of personal information is for the purpose of determining eligibility and suitability for employment as authorized by the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy (FOIP) Act, section 33(c). If you have any questions about the collection of your information, please contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org or (403)284-7683.
While we thank all candidates for their interest, only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
ACAD welcomes applications for the following five (5) year term faculty appointment starting August 2018:
Limited Term Appointment, Digital Engagement - Visual Communication Design
Faculty in VCD should have a strong understanding of a wide range of design practices and will be expected to teach at all levels of the program. Along with full-time teaching, the successful candidate will be expected to work with permanent faculty to develop curriculum, investigate and integrate new approaches into classes, participate in committee work at ACAD, and continue their own creative practice and research.
LTA Faculty will demonstrate a passion for creativity, innovation and continued commitment to the art and design industry. There is an expectation to assist students with the development of their individual practice and to work both individually and as part of an instructional team.
This new opportunity requires expertise in:
Curriculum planning and course development specific to digital communications and interaction design
Some or all of the following areas (in order of importance):
Human Centered Design Thinking and User Experience, Digital Strategy, Digital Storytelling, Game Design, Interface Design, Information Architecture, Digital Environments, Digital Advertising and Campaigns, Digital Typography, Application Design, Digital Production, Content Management, Digital Workflows, Technology Planning, Assessment Methodologies, Prototyping, Social Media Marketing and Community Management, SEO, SEM, Asset Optimization, Digital Design Fundamentals, Information Design and Data Visualization.
• Teaching at all levels of the Bachelor of Design program in Graphic Design/Advertising and Illustration/Character Design
• Collaborating with and assisting faculty in developing opportunities for enhanced digital engagement
• Lead digital curriculum development in the School of Communication Design and contribute to the strategic initiatives of ACAD’s Office of Research and Academic Affairs
• Maintain an active professional/applied research practice
• Contribute to applied research and scholarship in the field
• Demonstrate a commitment to continuing pedagogical and academic excellence and innovation
• Provide service to the Faculty and College governance framework, including outreach activities that contribute to the academic life and profile of the College
The successful candidate will have:
• Completed a graduate degree or in the process of completing a graduate degree in a relevant academic discipline
• Demonstrated excellence in teaching at the post-secondary level at all levels for a preferred minimum of three (3) years and having taught relevant courses in digital communications
• A minimum of three (5) years of applied research and relevant professional practice outside of post-secondary education
• Demonstrated experience creating innovative curricula and new programs, preferably in digital communications and interaction design
• Demonstrated sound knowledge of history, theory and criticism with respect to digital and social media engagement
• A strong understanding of concept-driven and strategic creative on multiple platforms
• Demonstrated experience with a broad range of clients and projects
• Demonstrable commitment to innovation in teaching and learning, as well as an active engagement in scholarly and creative activities
• The ability to facilitate collaboration in studio production or research
• Excellent communication, interpersonal, time management, and organizational skills
• Community-minded and team oriented attitude
This position is subject to final budgetary approval.