WHO WE ARE:
Ricki’s…Fashion That Works!
Established in 1939, with more than 130 locations across Canada, Ricki's is the destination for fashionable and versatile workwear. Ricki's caters to the younger working woman whose lifestyle demands versatility in her wardrobe and who desires a fun, easy to shop environment. She expects put together looks which translate fashion trends in ways that are current and appropriate for her lifestyle. We carry everything from suiting options to great mix and match pieces, jeans, tees, and more. And by offering great fashion in sizes 0-18 and pants in multiple lengths, we're sure to find your perfect fit!
Prefer to shop online? Our online store offers specialty lines like our long 34"and extra long 36" inseam pants, as well as the hottest trends in casual wear and web exclusives!
Passion – believes in our brand, loves fashion
Drive Results- deliver results through motivation, inspiration and accountability
Personal Leadership - trust, integrity, respect, fosters collaboration, initiative
End Poverty in Women - believe in the power of women, community involvement
THE CAREER OPPORTUNITY:
We are seeking an experienced Graphic Designer to join Ricki’s Home Office located in Winnipeg.
If you're a creative individual who is all about the details, then a career as a graphic designer might be perfect for you!
The Graphic Designer will help bring our brand to life through the design and execution of marketing elements.
In collaboration with the marketing team and other stakeholders, the Graphic Designer will create brand-right collateral across all channels.
GREAT DESIGN / INFLUENCE:
- Create compelling and effective digital and print collateral that reflects current brand guidelines (may include store signage, email marketing, website creative, social media graphics, etc.).
- Collaborate with the marketing team to develop seasonal, monthly, and weekly goals and priorities.
- Manage design projects from inception to completion.
- Partner effectively with all team members, in house partners/stakeholders, and vendors.
- Actively participate in cross-functional meetings.
- Work in an organized manner – using and maintaining supplied tools and archiving work appropriately.
- Other duties as required.
GREAT BUSINESS / RESULTS ORIENTED:
- Produce high quality work under tight timelines, while maintaining a consistent on-brand look and feel.
- Able to balance design aesthetic with achieving business results.
- Takes initiative, works with a sense of urgency, agile and adaptable. Resourceful.
- Detail oriented and skilled at prioritization and multi-tasking – constantly looking for ways to do more and better work.
- Both strategic and tactical, short and long term (thinks and does).
- Able to use rigorous logic and methods to solve problems with effective solutions.
GREAT PEOPLE / TEAMWORK:
- Champions belief that “none of us is as good as all of us” and consistently lives our values.
- Committed to the best outcome by bringing out the best in self and others, in part by recognizing achievements and valuing differences and feedback (giving and receiving).
- Initiates personal development and supports team development in the work.
- Fosters the culture of teamwork thru ownership and accountability.
- Displays a positive spirit and "can-do" attitude.
• Diploma in Graphic Design (or equivalent)
• 2 to 5 years’ experience in graphic design and/or web design
• Advanced knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite including Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, and Acrobat as well as Microsoft Office and Google Docs/Sheets – all in a Mac environment
• Working knowledge of HTML
• Excellent communication skills
• Ability to work efficiently and meet project deadlines with minimal supervision
• Strong interpersonal skills – a collaborative team player
• Strong organizational skills – able to balance competing priorities and shift between projects seamlessly
• Keen eye for detail – proofreading layouts, retouching photos, etc.
• Self-motivated – a problem solver, resourceful, able to work independently and as part of a team
• Receives and processes suggestions, corrections, and feedback professionally
• An interest in fashion and knowledge of current trends and techniques in graphic design
Please include work samples – or a link to your online portfolio – with your application.
We thank all applicants for their interest however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Ricki’s is an equal opportunity employer. If chosen to participate in the selection process, accommodations are available upon request. We will consult with the applicant to provide or arrange suitable accommodation in a manner that takes into account the applicant’s accessibility needs.