Responsibilities of the Graphic Design Specialist include:
- Create and Maintain RDC Brand Standards
- Graphic Design Creation
- Visual Design for Digital and Online Media
- Graphic Design Administration
- Two (2) years of post-secondary training, completion of a community college certificate including trades apprenticeships or equivalent in Art; Fine Arts; Graphic Design for Print and Web; Communication Arts – Advertising/Public Relations with a strong emphasis on graphic design or related area
- Four (4) year undergraduate degree, or three (3) year undergraduate degree plus one full additional year of University in a related program representing four years of study or equivalent in Art; Fine Arts; Graphic Design for Print and Web; Communication Arts – Advertising/Public Relations with a strong emphasis on graphic design or related area an asset.
- Over 3 years related experience
- Translate/Convert business requirements into creative solutions
- Create visual solutions to communication problems or goals
- Work independently and under pressure to meet deadlines
- Demonstrate flexibility; ability to multi-task, adapt to changing priorities and to prioritize projects
- Work proficiently in a MAC based environment
Excellent working knowledge in:
- Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator)
- The position must keep current with software as it updates/changes frequently
- Adobe Acrobat – including creating PDF’s for print and web
- FTP sites – posting and downloading (transferring files)
- Design to print process – including initial concepts, mockups, proofs, final layouts and print management. Print management includes preparing the project to be press ready and problem-solving to ensure issues with internal and external print shops are resolved.
- Current design trends – strong eye for detail
- Various file formats and their uses
Benefits & Compensation Information:
Red Deer College offers a comprehensive benefits package including extended health and dental care through Blue Cross, access to a health spending account, pension plan, generous vacation allotments, credit tuition waivers and opportunities for professional development funding. Additional time off due to College closures between Christmas and New Year statutory holidays.
*Eligibility to access the above mentioned benefits dependent upon the CUPE Collective Agreement and related RDC policies.
Desired Start Date:
January 15, 2018