To Apply: Please Visit Our Career Opportunities Page at https://www.mtroyal.ca/EmploymentCareers/HumanResources/CareerOpportunit...
A cover letter and resume should be submitted in one .pdf formatted document. Please title your .pdf document as follows: [Job Title], [Requisition Number].pdf (ex. Coordinator, 999999.pdf).
Founded in 1910 and located in Calgary, Alberta, Canada, Mount Royal University has built a reputation on a strong, liberal education foundation. Our vision is to provide an exceptional undergraduate educational experience for our students.
We are a community of engaged citizens, providing personalized, experiential and outcome-based learning in an environment of inclusion, diversity and respect. Through our focus on teaching and learning informed by scholarship, we are preparing our graduates for success in their careers and lives.
Mount Royal University presently offers 12 four-year baccalaureate degrees with 32 majors, with a view to grow this mix to 15 degrees and 50 majors by 2025. Current degree offerings are unique, and include four-year bachelor degrees in interior design, midwifery, child studies and health and physical education, as well as arts, criminal justice, business administration, communication, computer information systems, education, nursing and science. Mount Royal also offers robust continuing education programming as well as an internationally-renowned music conservatory.
More than 13,000 credit students attend Mount Royal University annually, with more than 90,000 Mount Royal alumni contributing to their communities worldwide.
Our faculty provide a teaching and learning environment that welcomes challenging ideas. Our staff are dedicated to supporting our campus so that students are provided with an exceptional educational experience. Our management team provides leadership throughout the University, and inspires others at all levels to be leaders in their own important sectors.
In support of our students, and in response to our broader community, we know that investing in our employees benefits the University as a whole. Talented and committed employees are the driving force behind student success. Our faculty, staff and management are united in creating a thriving learning environment for our students.
Mount Royal University is an exceptional community focused on our people.
About the Library
Mount Royal University Library is an integral part of the MRU experience, supporting deep learning and innovative teaching and scholarship. The Library fosters intellectual curiosity, creativity, and exploration, where people find new answers and develop new questions. The Library engages our diverse communities by sharing our expertise through a range of intriguing programs, excellent services, and rich resources, in a welcoming, technology-enabled environment.
About the Role
The Media Designer collaborates with members of the Library’s creative team and with staff and units across the Library and the University, to lead the design and creation of content for the Library’s visualization spaces, including a Visualization Classroom, a Visualization Ideas Lounge, and an Immersion Studio. The Media Designer consults and collaborates on digital design and display related to Library initiatives and services in support of the teaching, learning, and scholarly work of MRU students, staff, and faculty. Responsibilities of this of this position include leveraging applications, software, and technology to assist Library patrons making use of the library’s visualization spaces. The Media Designer also provides support to students, staff, and faculty on a range of media projects, providing technical assistance and contributing expertise in digital design to the creation of effective multimedia presentations.
PRESENTATION DESIGN AND DEVELOPMENT
• Collaborates with the Library’s visualization team, Library teams, and staff in other university departments and areas to design content for the Library’s visualization spaces in support of the teaching, learning, and scholarship work of MRU users.
• Media production project planning: As part of the collaborative team and within a defined scope, adapt, generate, and plan project ideas to support teaching and learning projects.
• Media production project management: Designs, develops, and creates multimedia projects based on project requirements, digital design best practices, university standards and guidelines, and stakeholder discussions.
• Takes initiative and responsibility to drive projects to completion.
• Facilitates user interactions with education-oriented learning applications for virtual and augmented reality.
• As necessary, designs and updates virtual reality landscapes for educational use.
USER SUPPORT AND TECHNICAL ASSISTANCE
• Provides consultation, training, and support for Library users on the technical implementation and design of multimedia presentations in the Library’s visualization and immersive spaces.
• Contributes expertise in digital design to visualization and immersive projects and initiatives within the Library and across the University.
• Provides technical support and assistance to Library users in learning and using visualization hardware and software.
• Coordinates bookings and test times, conducts advance testing with users as needed, provides on-call support for users.
• Delivers group and individual instruction on the use of visualization spaces, software, and hardware.
VISUALIZATION PROGRAM MANAGEMENT AND IMPLEMENTATION
• Coordinates scheduling of campus and public programming in the Library’s visualization and immersive spaces, working with the Library’s Outreach Lead as needed.
• Initiates, leads, and completes special projects as required, independently or in collaboration with other staff or units in the Library and the University.
• Three or four year bachelor degree or equivalent in a relevant field such as media arts or new media production and design.
• 1-2 years of experience
• Expert knowledge of digital design and best practices in graphic design, motion graphics, video and audio production
• Proficient with programs such as Adobe Creative Suite, Adobe Premiere, Audition, After Effects, Pro Tools and Final Cut.
• Experience with specialized software including Christie’s Pandora's Box and Unity would be considered an asset
• Ability to communicate technical issues and practices related to digital media design to individuals with skills ranging from beginner to advance.
• Strong interpersonal skills and ability to excel in a team oriented, project based work environment.
• Strong written and oral communication skills and the ability to develop clear, concise, and accurate technical documentation.
• Creativity and initiative to adapt and develop an idea or vision for a project within established resources and timelines
• Ability to find solutions, solve problems, be highly organized, manage multiple projects and deadlines with the ability to be assertive as necessary to ensure necessary elements are in place to complete a project.
Salary: $ 2,655.63 Semi-monthly